The Nyx Tracker is a compact star tracking mount that is built on sound engineering and a passion for the cosmos, intended to reduce the cost of tracked astrophotography without sacrificing on performance.
With the signature alignment laser the Nyx Tracker is intuitive and quick to set up - less than 5 minutes and you're imaging the sky. Set it and forget it while you enjoy your binoculars or warm up inside.
Once pointed at the earth's celestial pole, the motorized mount will precisely follow the stars so that long exposures can be made without star trails. This is how brilliant night sky images are usually made. Additional motor speed settings allow for lunar tracking and starscape imaging (intentionally creating star trails).
The Nyx Tracker requires no previous knowledge of astrophotography. Only a camera, a tripod (the more stable the better), and a learning attitude. Instructions for use are included. Check out the Tutorials page for videos, tips, and other info!
- Dimensions: 100 x 230 x 60 mm (6.7 x 3.5 x 1.0 in)
- Weight: 400g (0.9 lbs)
- Max recommended camera weight: 3.0 kg (6.6 lbs) if properly balanced
- Recommended focal length: <100 mm (exposures up to 250 mm are possible with experience)
- Periodic error: 115 arcseconds
- Battery life: 12+ hrs at room temperature
- Alignment method: green laser +/- 0.2° (note that it will not function below freezing - apply a hand warmer if using in cold climates)
- Motor: stepper, accurate to ~0.25% of earth's rotation speed
- Drive mechanism: low-friction threaded rod
- Maximum exposure time: 2 hrs until manual reset of drive rod required
- Northern / southern hemisphere toggle switch
- Speed settings:
- Star tracking mode (standard)
- Lunar mode (useful for eclipses)
- Starscape mode (intentionally creating star trails)
- High quality birch wood with a durable lacquer finish
This is the 3rd generation Nyx Tracker.