The Nyx Tracker is a compact star tracking mount that is built on sound engineering and a passion for the cosmos, intended to reduce the cost of entry to tracked astrophotography.
With the signature alignment laser the Nyx Tracker is intuitive and quick to set up - set it and forget it while you enjoy your binoculars or warm up inside.
Once pointed at the earth's celestial pole, the motorized mount will precisely follow the stars so that long exposures can be made without star trails. This is how brilliant night sky images are usually made. Two motor speed settings allow for either lunar or star tracking.
The Nyx Tracker requires no previous knowledge of astrophotography. Only a camera, a tripod, and a learning attitude. Check out the Tutorials page for videos, tips, and other info!
- Dimensions (without ballhead): 170 x 90 x 25 mm (6.7 x 3.5 x 1.0 in)
- Weight: 400g (0.9 lbs)
- Max recommended camera weight: 2.3 kg (5 lbs) if properly balanced
- Recommended focal length: <50mm for beginners, <100 mm for experts
- Periodic error: 115 arcseconds
- Power source: 4x AAA batteries
- Battery life: 12+ hrs at room temperature
Alignment method: green laser +/- 0.2°. The functional temperature range of the laser is 30F (~0C) - 100F (~40C). If using the Nyx Tracker in extreme cold, at a star party, or near an airport where the laser cannot be used, the Nyx Finderscope can be purchased separately.
- Motor: stepper, accurate to 0.25% of earth's rotation speed
- Drive mechanism: low-friction threaded rod
- Maximum exposure time: 2 hrs until manual reset of drive rod required
- Northern / southern hemisphere toggle switch
- Speed settings:
- Star tracking mode (standard)
- Lunar mode (useful for eclipses)
- Materials: Proudly made of 3D printed PETG Polymer.
Note: Batteries are not included.
This is the 6th generation Nyx Tracker.