The Nyx Tracker is a compact star tracking mount that is built on sound engineering and a passion for the cosmos, intended to reduce the cost of entry to tracked astrophotography.
With the signature alignment laser the Nyx Tracker is intuitive and quick to set up - set it and forget it while you enjoy your binoculars or warm up inside.
Once pointed at the earth's celestial pole, the motorized mount will precisely follow the stars so that long exposures can be made without star trails. This is how brilliant night sky images are usually made. Additional motor speed settings allow for lunar tracking and starscape imaging (intentionally creating star trails).
The Nyx Tracker requires no previous knowledge of astrophotography. Only a camera, a tripod, and a learning attitude. Check out the Tutorials page for videos, tips, and other info!
- Dimensions: 100 x 230 x 60 mm (6.7 x 3.5 x 1.0 in)
- Weight: 400g (0.9 lbs)
- Max recommended camera weight: 2.3 kg (5 lbs) if properly balanced
- Recommended focal length: <50mm for beginners, <100 mm for experts
- Periodic error: 115 arcseconds
- Battery life: 12+ hrs at room temperature
- Alignment method: green laser +/- 0.5° (note that it will not function below 40 F - apply a hand warmer to the bottom of the tracker near the laser if using in cold climates)
- Motor: stepper, accurate to 0.25% of earth's rotation speed
- Drive mechanism: low-friction threaded rod
- Maximum exposure time: 2 hrs until manual reset of drive rod required
- Northern / southern hemisphere toggle switch
- Speed settings:
- Star tracking mode (standard)
- Lunar mode (useful for eclipses)
- Starscape mode (intentionally creating star trails)
- Made of nature's most common composite material, wood (high quality birch) with a durable lacquer finish
This is the 3rd generation Nyx Tracker.