Nyx Tracker Changes
The design changes to the final major revision of the Nyx Tracker are minimal compared to the changes in Gen3.
- A low voltage indicator is now featured: a blue LED is activated at 3V to let the user know that the batteries should be replaced.
- Hinge upgrade: the hinge is specially designed for the Nyx Tracker and is much stiffer than previous generations, aiding stability significantly.
- The laser colinearity with the alignment axis of the tracker has been improved, and is now guaranteed to be accurate within 1/4 degree (previously was 1/2 degree).
Though the fundamental design remains the same, the Gen3 Nyx Tracker is a significant upgrade over Gen2.
- Size: overall volume has been reduced by ~25%
- Ballhead: upgraded to be able to hold heavier cameras
- Tracking rates: lunar and starscape modes added
- Weight: reduced ~50%
- Periodic error: reduced ~25%
- Finish: now features a durable lacquer finish