For the truly budget conscious and the DIY dabblers, the Nyx Tracker can be bought as a ready to assemble kit. The tools required to build the kit are:
- Phillips head screwdriver (fine point preferred)
- Pliers (needle nose preferred)
- 5 mm hex key / allen wrench
- 4 mm hex key / allen wrench
BUILD TIME: 30 minutes
- Dimensions: 100 x 230 x 60 mm (6.7 x 3.5 x 1.0 in)
- Weight: 400g (0.9 lbs)
- Max recommended camera weight: 2.3 kg (5 lbs) if properly balanced
- Recommended focal length: <50mm for beginners, <100 mm for experts
- Periodic error: 115 arcseconds
- Battery life: 12+ hrs at room temperature
- Alignment method: green laser +/- 0.2°. The functional temperature range of the laser is 30F (~0C) - 100F (~40C). If using the Nyx Tracker in extreme cold, at a star party, or near an airport where the laser cannot be used, the Nyx Finderscope can be purchased separately.
- Motor: stepper, accurate to 0.25% of earth's rotation speed
- Drive mechanism: low-friction threaded rod
- Maximum exposure time: 2 hrs until manual reset of drive rod required
- Northern / southern hemisphere toggle switch
- Speed settings:
- Star tracking mode (standard)
- Lunar mode (useful for eclipses)
- Made of nature's oldest composite material, wood. The high quality birch features a durable lacquer finish
Batteries are not included.
This is the 5th generation Nyx Tracker.