The Nyx Tracker is a motorized barn door star tracking astrophotography mount for taking long exposures. Once pointed at Polaris (a star that marks the rotational axis of the earth), the mount will follow the stars so that long exposures can be made without imaging star trails. This is how brilliant night sky images are usually made.
The Nyx Tracker requires no previous knowledge of astrophotography. Only a camera, a tripod, and a learning attitude. Instructions for use are included. Check out the How To Use page for more info before purchasing!
If using a bulkier camera, ordering the 1.5 inch standoff accessory will make use easier.
- Dimensions: 100 x 230 x 60 mm (4 x 9 x 2.3 in)
- Weight: 640g (1 lb 6 oz)
- Max recommended camera weight: 2.5 kg (5.5 lbs)
- Recommended focal length: 20-70mm (if ambitious you can push it all the way out to 200mm but you'll have to decrease exposure time)
- Imaging time before resetting the drive rod: 2.5 hrs
- Imaging time per battery pack: 10+ hrs
- Stepper motor controlled speed to +/- 1% of earth's rotation speed. Invariant to temperature and battery voltage
- Northern / southern hemisphere toggle switch
This is Revision 2 of the Nyx Tracker.